Securing the services of a literary agent can be a real challenge, but it begins with writing the kind of novel they will get impassioned by and believe publishers will be falling over themselves to take on. Why not see if 2015 is the year you can make your writing soar?
Curtis Brown Creative is the only writing school in the UK run by a literary agency actively looking for new clients, and a prestigious one at that.
In the tail-end of 2014 they’re running an Online Three-Month Novel-Writing Course from Monday 3rd November 2014 to Sunday 22nd February 2015. And their track record is impressive – previous courses have seen ten students secure book deals with major publishers and several others find representation.
Places will be offered to 15 students, selected on the basis of ability as demonstrated in applications.
The course lead tutor is Lisa O’Donnell, with guest speakers including Clare Conville & Walsh, as well as sessions on writing covering letters and perfecting your synopsis.
Writers born in Wales or currently residing in Wales can apply for a place funded by the Eluned Phillips Centenary Writing Bursary on this course.
All students will get:
• Weekly writing workshops with Lisa O’Donnell and your student peers, taking place in a secure group space, hosted on a tried-and-tested educational online platform.
• Two 30-minute one-to-one tutorials with Lisa, delivered on the phone or by Skype (depending on student’s choice), and scheduled in consultation with you.
• Weekly teaching sessions on key topics with Lisa, with video material, and homework to include writing exercises, discussion and preparing synopses.
• A day-long session for dialogue and Q&As with the Curtis Brown and Conville & Walsh literary-agent teams.
• A first-page workshop offering direct feedback for all students on their opening pages.
• Feedback on your essential one-page synopsis.
• A day-long opportunity to get feedback from the Curtis Brown and Conville & Walsh agents on the all-important pitch letter.
• The opportunity to have your 3,000 word opening and synopsis read by the Curtis Brown and Conville & Walsh book agent teams at the conclusion of the course
• A secure discussion space to share material and thoughts with your student peer group informally.
To find out more and apply, go to www.curtisbrowncreative.co.uk.