Are you a writer hungry for guidance and encouragement? The folks at Writers & Artists are collaborating with creative publishing agency whitefox for a competition that’s all about getting you the face-to-face time you need with an editor.
If you would benefit from a creative conversation with an expert editor to help make sense of your manuscript, this is the competition for you.
The winner will receive an editorial report and consultation with a member of the editorial team at whitefox, to help you take the next steps with your book, as well as a free place at one of Writers & Artists‘ writing events and a bundle of creative writing guides.
This prize is open to any UK or ROI-based writer aged 18 or over and writing fiction and/or non-fiction.
The deadline for entries is Monday 14th November at 9am.
How to enter
Please submit no more than 1000 words from your unpublished work-in-progress. This should be from the opening of your manuscript, attached to the online submissions form in a doc or pdf format. You also need to include a synopsis providing an overview of your work as well as a short note (200 words) about yourself and your writing influences.
The winner and shortlisted runners-up will be announced on Writersandartists.co.uk in early December 2022.
To enter this competition, you must:
- Not have a publishing contract or agent
- Submit an original piece of unpublished writing
The winner will receive:
- An editorial report from an editor at whitefox Publishing
- A one-off follow-up consultation with a member of the editorial team at whitefox Publishing
- A place at a W&A writing masterclass
- A writing guide bundle including the latest edition of the Children’s Writers’ & Artists’ Yearbook, Writers’ & Artists’ Guide To Getting Published or Writers’ & Artists’ Guide To How To Hook an Agent
Three other shortlisted entries will also receive a book bundle and a free place at one of our writing and publishing events.
Got an event, challenge, competition or call for submissions you’d like to draw attention to? Send an email to judydarley(at)iCloud(dot)com.