Are you a writer hungry for guidance and encouragement? The folks at Writers & Artists are collaborating with creative publishing agency whitefox for a competition that’s all about getting you the face-to-face time you need with an editor.
If you would benefit from a creative conversation with an expert editor to help make sense of your manuscript, this is the competition for you.
The winner will receive an editorial report and consultation with a member of the editorial team at whitefox, to help you take the next steps with your book, as well as a free place at one of Writers & Artists‘ writing events and a bundle of creative writing guides.
This prize is open to any UK or ROI-based writer aged 18 or over and writing fiction and/or non-fiction.
The deadline for entries is Monday 14th November at 9am.
How to enter
Please submit no more than 1000 words from your unpublished work-in-progress. This should be from the opening of your manuscript, attached to the online submissions form in a doc or pdf format. You also need to include a synopsis providing an overview of your work as well as a short note (200 words) about yourself and your writing influences.
You’re also required to subscribe to whitefox‘s newsletter The Frontlist.
The winner and shortlisted runners-up will be announced on Writersandartists.co.uk in early December 2022.
To enter this competition, you must:
- Not have a publishing contract or agent
- Submit an original piece of unpublished writing
The winner will receive:
- An editorial report from an editor at whitefox Publishing
- A one-off follow-up consultation with a member of the editorial team at whitefox Publishing
- A place at a W&A writing masterclass
- A writing guide bundle including the latest edition of the Children’s Writers’ & Artists’ Yearbook, Writers’ & Artists’ Guide To Getting Published or Writers’ & Artists’ Guide To How To Hook an Agent
Three other shortlisted entries will also receive a book bundle and a free place at one of our writing and publishing events.
Submit your entry via the online form here.
Got an event, challenge, competition or call for submissions you’d like to draw attention to? Send an email to judydarley(at)iCloud(dot)com.