Recently we had cause to contact an electrician. The plug socket we use for our kettle was becoming intermittent. Initially I blamed the kettle, but when the empty socket crackled and hissed, I decided it might burn the place down and called in an expert.
He soon discovered the culprit – a teeny, adventurous, but ultimately scorched spider*! He also mentioned that occasionally he’s asked to investigate malfunctioning outside plugs and finds a toasted slug deep inside the electrics.
Can you write this into a kooky story where something unexpected wriggles into a plug socket, with extraordinary results? Perhaps the sneaky something could be resistant to electric shocks, such as a dragon or, um, an electric eel!
If you write or create something prompted by this, please send an email to judydarley (at) iCloud.com to let me know. With your permission, I may publish it on SkyLightRain.com.
*No spiders were harmed in the devising of this creative prompt.