The Masters Review is inviting entries for its Summer Short Story Award for New Writers.
The deadline for submissions is 28th August 2022.
The winning story writer will receive $3,000, an agency review and publication online.
Second and third place finalists will be awarded publication, agency review and $300/$200 prizes respectively.
Participating agents include: Nat Sobel from Sobel Weber, Victoria Cappello from The Bent Agency, Andrea Morrison from Writers House, Sarah Fuentes from Fletcher & Company, and Heather Schroder from Compass Talent.
The judge is Chelsea Bieker, author of GODSHOT and the new collection Heartbroke
- $20 entry fee
- $3000 1st prize
- $300 2nd prize
- $200 3rd prize
- Stories must be under 6,000 words in length
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only; writers with book-length work published or under contract with a major press are ineligible. Authors with short story collections are free to submit unpublished work, as are writers with books published by indie presses)
- Deadline: 28th August, 2022
- No identifying information on your story
Got an event, challenge, competition or call for submissions you’d like to draw attention to? Send an email to judydarley(at)iCloud(dot)com.