The Masters Review is inviting entries for its Summer Short Story Award for New Writers.
The deadline for submissions is 30th August 2021.
The winning story will be awarded $3000 and publication online. Second and third place stories will be awarded publication and $300 and $200 respectively.
The judge is Kristen Arnett, author of With Teeth and Mostly Dead Things.
All winning stories and any notable Honourable Mentions will receive agency review by Nat Sobel from Sobel Weber, Victoria Cappello from The Bent Agency, Andrea Morrison from Writers House, Sarah Fuentes from Fletcher & Company, Heather Schroder from Compass Talent, and Siohban McBride from Carnicelli Literary Management.
- $20 entry fee
- $3000 1st prize
- $300 2nd prize
- $200 3rd prize
- Stories must be under 6,000 words in length
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a low circulation are welcome to submit.)
- International English submissions allowed
- Deadline: 30th August, 2021
- No identifying information on your story
Got an event, challenge, competition or call for submissions you’d like to draw attention to? Send an email to judydarley(at)iCloud(dot)com.