The Masters Review is inviting entries for its Summer Short Story Award for New Writers.
The deadline for submissions is 30th August 2020.
The winning story will be awarded $3000 and publication online. Second and third place stories will be awarded publication and $300 and $200 respectively.
All winners and honorable mentions will receive an agency review by: Nat Sobel from Sobel Weber, Victoria Cappello from The Bent Agency, Andrea Morrison from Writers House, Sarah Fuentes from Fletcher & Company, Heather Schroder from Compass Talent, and Siohban McBride from Carnicelli Literary Management.
- $20 entry fee
- $3000 prize
- Stories must be under 6,000 words in length
- Previously unpublished stories only
- Simultaneous and multiple submissions allowed
- Emerging writers only (Self-published writers and writers with story collections and novels with a low circulation are welcome to submit.)
- International English submissions allowed
- Deadline: 30th August, 2020
- No identifying information on your story
Got an event, challenge, competition or call for submissions you’d like to draw attention to? Send an email to judydarley(at)iCloud(dot)com.