The Mslexia Fiction Competitions are open for entries.
There are three categories this year: Novel for Children/YA, Short Story, and Flash Fiction. The deadline for each is 19th September 2022.
Prizes include manuscript feedback and agent introductions, plus publication.
Mslexia Novel for Children or YA competition – everything you need to know
- Judged by Cressida Cowell, Chloe Seager and Imogen Russell Williams, this competition is open to unpublished novels of at least 20,000 words in any genre for children and/or young adults.
- Submit first 5,000 words only in the first instance. Longlisted entrants will be asked to submit finished manuscripts later in the judging process
- Entry fee: £26
- 1st prize £5,000.
- The winner and three finalists will also receive manuscript feedback from leading editorial and mentoring agency The Literary Consultancy,
- Pitch training at a day-long professional workshop in Newcastle upon Tyne, where participants will learn to summarise and present their book in an effective way.Plus
- Personal introductions to agents and editors at a Talent Party in central London. Both the workshop and Talent Party are arranged in partnership with New Writing North.
- Mslexia will contribute a total of £100 towards each finalists’ travel expenses.
Mslexia Short Story competition 2022 – everything you need to know
- Judged by Diana Evans, this competition is for unpublished complete short fiction of up to 3,000 words in any genre and on any theme.
- The entry fee is £12.
- 1st prize £3,000.
- Three additional finalists will each receive £100
- The winning entry and three finalists will be published in the December 2022 edition of Mslexia.
- The winning entry, three finalists and eight further shortlisted stories will be published in Mslexia’s ebook anthology, Best Women’s Short Fiction 2022, due out in December 2022.
Mslexia Flash Fiction Competition 2022 – everything you need to know
- Judged by Audrey Niven, this competition is for unpublished complete short fiction of up to 300 words in any genre and on any theme
- Entry fee: £6
- 1st prize £500
- Three additional finalists each receive £50
- All four winning entries are published in the December 2022 issue of Mslexia
- Winning entries plus eight more shortlisted entries will be published in Mslexia’s inaugural ebook anthology Best Women’s Short Fiction 2022.
Visit Mslexia’s entry instructions for a more comprehensive guide on how to enter, and be sure to read the full rules before submitting.
Find full details at www.mslexia.co.uk. Good luck!
Got an event, challenge, competition or call for submissions you’d like to draw attention to? Send an email to judydarley (at) iCloud (dot) com.